Area Sales Manager – UAE (based in Dubai)février 1, 2019
Are you looking for a hands-on experience in a fast-growing team and learn entrepreneurship by launching a breakthrough technology? Then Allurion is the place for you.
Allurion Technologies was founded in 2009, during Samuel Levy’s and Shantanu Gaur’s second year at Harvard Medical School, when they began to rethink popular perceptions of overweight and obesity. After more than 6 years committed to R&D and 2 years after commercial launch, Allurion is transforming thousands of lives around the world with the Elipse Balloon, the revolutionary weight loss device developed by the company.
Today, Allurion retains the original vision of its founders: to help people realize their full potential with innovative, scalable products that enrich their lives safely, effectively, and affordably.
This is a new business sales position responsible for growing the assigned territory by adding new accounts, and participating in activities related to the commercial sale of the company’s gastric balloons to the bariatric and aesthetic medicine market.
Geographies we’re hiring in: DACH (based in Germany), UAE (based in Dubai).
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
The Area Sales Manager has primary responsibilities for selling, planning, organizing and implementing all activities related to the sale and distribution of the Allurion’s gastric balloons in a given territory.
The Area Sales Manager has primary responsibilities for:
- Achieving sales quota results in the assigned territory. Responsible for performing effective territory penetration, coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base.
- Providing training, presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of the company’s products using effective communication and sales techniques.
- Educating the customer regarding the indications, contraindications, and safety of the company’s products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer.
- Supporting and helping to facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the territory and area.
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service
- Preparing sales contracts, quotes, price, and terms per company guidelines.
- Completing administrative responsibilities including quarterly business plans, weekly expense reports, up-to-date account profiles and the company’s computer customer database.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Regional Director of Sales and Practice Development Manager on all matters related to the territory and area, including accurate forecasting.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.), or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of demonstrated success selling medical devices to the target markets is preferred. Preference for candidates who also have experience with consumable selling.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service and support to achieve practice integration of the Allurion procedure, ensuring a high level of customer/patient satisfaction
- Ability to make effective and persuasive communications and technical presentations to physicians, management and/or large groups.
- Ability to thoroughly understand and communicate the attributes and qualities of Company products using professional selling and closing skills.
- Positive attitude and passion for working within the bariatric / aesthetic field
- Ability to use word processing and database applications, and various software programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license issued by the country in which the individual resides; good driving record. All sales employees are required to drive a personal vehicle for company business. This vehicle is to be in good condition and well maintained.
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory including overnight stays, attend tradeshows, and corporate and training meetings.
- Home office capability is required with reliable high speed internet access.
- Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!