Senior Manufacturing Engineerjuillet 18, 2019
Allurion Technologies is a rapidly growing, global, venture-backed healthcare company headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts with offices in Paris and Dubai. The Company was founded in 2009 by two Harvard Medical School students dedicated to helping consumers lose weight. The Company’s flagship program features the Elipse Balloon, a procedureless device for the treatment of overweight and obese consumers, an Allurion Bluetooth® body composition scale, and an Allurion smartphone app that tracks the user’s progress throughout their weight loss journey. The program leads to 25 to 30 lbs of weight loss in 4 months. The Elipse Balloon is placed in a 15-minute office visit and does not require surgery, endoscopy or anesthesia for placement or removal. The Company launched commercial operations in 2016, and 15,000 consumers have already experienced the Elipse Program across 20 countries in Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America. In 2018, the company commenced a pivotal study for FDA approval which is now complete. Allurion has been recognized as one of Fierce Medical Device’s Fierce 15, one of Boston’s 50onFire, and a top Emerging Technology by SAGES.
We are seeking candidate that has a strong manufacturing/mechanical engineering background with a proven track record of managing projects from inception to completion. This individual will have a broad range of technical skills and experience in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, product development, product assembly, and project management. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop assembly methods, fixtures, equipment, and tooling for current and new processes.
- Specify, source and procure equipment as required.
- Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ and verification and validation activities.
- Draft and execute project plans with respect to tasks, timelines, and budget.
- Participate in process and design risk analysis.
- Maintain detailed documentation of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Coordinate activities with suppliers and contractors.
- Identify and execute projects for continuous improvement.
- Provide manufacturing and assembly design input for new product development.
- Operate computer, laboratory and manufacturing equipment as needed to develop or improve processes.
- Analyze processes with regard to capacity, yield and other key metrics.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A bachelor degree in an engineering or related technical discipline. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of product development and/or manufacturing engineering experience in medical device or other similarly regulated industry.
- Project management expertise
- Six sigma experience preferred
- PLC and equipment automation expertise preferred
- CAD experience (Solidworks, ProEngineer, etc) preferred
- Working knowledge of SPC, CAPA, DOE and PFMEA
- Experience with hands on development and operation of manufacturing fixtures, automated equipment, software, machinery, and laboratory equipment.
- Familiar working in an ISO 13485 and FDA QSR environment
- Strong hands-on problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, execute, and document projects independently
- Able to interact with customers, suppliers, and key partners in a professional manner.
- Proficient technical communication
- Attentive to detail and documentation
- Market salary, commensurate with prior experience
- Stock options
- Company-matched 401K savings plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Newborn baby care allowance
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Generous holiday schedule
Must be authorized to work in the US
Allurion Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to: HR@allurion.com