Quality Control SpecialistFebruary 13, 2019
Allurion Technologies is a rapidly growing commercial-stage medical device company located in the western suburbs of Boston. The Company has developed the Elipse™ weight loss device, an innovative device for the treatment of obesity that does not require surgery, endoscopy or anesthesia. Elipse was recently recognized as the top emerging technology of 2016 by the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).
The Quality Control Specialist will be engaged in a variety of mission-critical activities supporting the manufacturing and sale of a medical device. Responsibilities will include: incoming inspection, in process and final inspection, materials and inventory management, NCR generation, control of nonconforming materials, calibration maintenance, environmental monitoring, DHR reviews, and other assigned duties, as necessary.
Specifically, this individual will be responsible for the following:
- Performing physical inspection and testing on components and sub-assemblies intended to be used in the manufacturing of a medical device.
- Performing physical inspection of in-process assemblies and related documents during manufacturing in a controlled environment.
- Processing inbound & outbound shipments.
- Performing environmental monitoring activities in support of a Class 8 Controlled Environment
- Managing and maintaining calibration schedules.
- Maintaining inventory integrity for all materials.
- Developing and archiving quality records.
- Proposing improvements to improve efficiency.
- Implementation modifications to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintaining databases related to the above functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Experience with mechanical inspection and testing techniques.
- Rigorous attention to detail with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to take initiative and solve problems creatively, independently, and efficiently.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to uphold a high standard for professionalism.
- Confidence with Microsoft Office applications. Minitab experience is a plus.
- Confidence with basic mathematics.
- Experience in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology field preferred.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Generous holiday schedule
- Stock options
If you are a qualified applicant, please submit your resume to: HR@allurion.com
Because of demand, we will only respond to applicants who we consider to be a good match for the position and our organization.