Elipse™ Balloon Weight
No surgery, no endoscopy, no anesthesia
Benefits of the Elipse™ Program
The Elipse Program : kick-start your weight loss journey.
Allurion’s flagship product – the Elipse Balloon – is the first and only gastric balloon that does not require endoscopy, surgery or anesthesia for placement or removal*. The Elipse Balloon fills the stomach and helps the user feel full and eat less. It is swallowed during a brief office visit, and four months later, passes naturally without the need for a removal procedure. It is part of a 6-month comprehensive weight-loss program that also includes counseling and coaching from a physician and trained nutritionist, a Bluetooth-connected scale and a mobile app that allows you to track your progress.
1. Your physician gives you medical clearance to receive the balloon and monitors your health throughout the program.
2. The Elipse Balloon is placed in your stomach by your physician during a brief outpatient visit that does not include endoscopy, anesthesia or surgery*.
3. Following your physician’s approval, there are no restrictions on physical activities while the Elipse Balloon is in your stomach.
4. The balloon enables you to feel full with smaller portions, helping you lose weight without experiencing the hunger of extreme dieting.
5. A wireless scale provides data to your care team to help you stay on track.
6. In addition to oversight from your physician, the Elipse Program includes six months of dietary coaching from a trained nutritionist.
A healthier youSee what they are saying about the Elipse Balloon
Results without compromiseWhen combined with a comprehensive weight loss program, the Elipse Balloon can help you lose 20-50% of your excess weight1
Weight Loss that Makes a Difference
With the Elipse Balloon in your stomach, you can eat less without feeling hungry.
Following 16 weeks of therapy, on average, patients lose about 15kgs1.
Health benefits include improved glycemic control, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and higher reported quality of life2.
A Breakthrough in Simplicity
The Elipse Balloon is placed during a brief 20-minute office visit and at the end of therapy, self-empties and passes naturally*.
All the benefits of a gastric balloon without endoscopy or anesthesia.
Support in Your Weight Loss Journey
With the Elipse Program, you are not alone. You will receive ongoing support from your physician and a nutritional coach for the duration of the program.
Wireless monitoring using “smart” scale connected technology and a mobile phone app helps you stay on track.
The Elipse Program around the world
Join thousands of Elipse Program participants
The Elipse Balloon is the product of an extensive research process which started in 2009, when Dr. Shantanu Gaur and Dr. Samuel Levy were both students at Harvard Medical School. After receiving the CE Mark in 2015, the Elipse Balloon is now available in Europe and the Middle East.
* In rare cases, the Elipse Balloon may require endoscopic or surgical intervention for removal. Talk to your doctor to find out if the Elipse Program is right for you. Results may vary from one participant to another.